The Community Council of Agios Ioannis, in the context of its efforts for an upgrade of the inhabitants’ quality of living, has performed a series of infrastructure and beautification projects. Some of those are:
- Creation of a parking lot, a playground, and a Park. The construction cost run into 250,000 C.P. with an 80% contribution by the state. The Association of Emigrants and Friends of the Community paid the community’s share.
- Construction of a soccer field. The cost run into 25,000 C.P. with state funding by CSO.
- Placement of a new Water-supply network, a new drilling and water-tanks with a total cost of 200,000 C.P.
- The operations for the construction of the secondary road, at a cost of 157,000 C.P., were completed.
- Creation of a venue for excursions in the north-east of the community with a total cost of 20,000 C.P. The Emigrants’ Association paid the proportional share of the community.
- Construction of a monument for heroes and missing persons.
- Construction of new communal offices, in which the services offered by the Community Council were housed.
- Construction of a basketball court
- Construction of retaining walls
- Lining of retaining walls with stone
- Creation of flower gardens and small parks.
- Construction and gentrification of fountains
- Creation of a Community Infirmary
page 1 of 2